4.13.2006

openroad

Always know who you are and what you need before you seek the relation of another. I have learnt this lesson. I have never been secure with being myself but i have learnt to love myself the more i see others mistreating me. Never depend on another person to tc of you or to be there for you. Things are never going to work out that way cos no matter wat the other person might claim, the only person you can trust and rely on is yourself and your inner voice. I have neglected my inner voice alot of times, placing trust in others and each time i have come out regretting having done that. All that i need to focus on is being a good daughter to my parents and a good sister to my brother, and a good friend to my lovelies, and finally being a good student (ok thats gonna take a bit of extra effort hee;). I have neglected alot of things in my life to make others happy but now that i think about it, none of that effort was worth it. Others do not appreciate things like you would expect them to so there's no point in making any extra effort. I will learn to be selfish and think of myself from now on, before i think of the welfare of another. Going the extra mile for the wrong people is just not worth it. And right now my priority is the impending exams. It's a scary thought but i just wanna do real well in it, then i won have to mull over it like forever. Though its a bit late to be really focused on the exams cos its like barely 10 days away. Ugh! Why am i always doing last minute work?? You are right Vik. Its only towards the end that we realise that we could have done alot more from the beginning. To all u mugsters out there, hang in there. And to all u med people who are done with your exams, go away. We don want to hear from you till WE are done with our exams. Hee:) Just kidding la.


There's More To Me Than You - Jessica Andrews


I spent years and all of this time
Thinking I was better off cause you were mine
You always said it was your way or the highway
So I'm shiftin' my life into drive
I'm getting out,kissin' the past goodbye
Like Toby said,"How Do You Like Me Know?"
This conversation has run dry
And I keep telling myself

There's more to me then you
Don't underestimate what I can do
Well I'm alright,it's ok
I know I'll make it through
Cause there's more to me then you

I'm not sayin' I'm battered and bruised
But I might as well be with the words you use
I believe in myself and that makes me stronger
Things change,so have I
I'm gonna make hay while the sun still shines
You can clip my wings,I'm still gonna fly
I'm on my own and I'm on my way
And keep telling myself

There was always something that meant more to you than me
And I'm just sorry it's taken this for you to see

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?