5.01.2006

Clapton

Tears In Heaven
by Eric Clapton and Will Jennings

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way
Through night and day,
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

I am so in love with this song. I remember the very first time i heard it on the radio...i remember crying cos of the melancholy of the tune, the words. Thanks to vinzy who has been playing eric clapton songs on his comp everyday, i have realised that i am now a huge fan of his. His songs are just so stirring and i am no guitar player so i don think i appreciate the songs as much as people who actually play the guitar would. But still guitar player or not, go and listen to his songs. I am gg straight to HMV to get his greatest compilations cd once the exams end.

And for those who are wondering, eric clapton is actually talking abt his dead son here. His son died when he was 10 and if you listen to My Father's Eyes, you will realise the impact of that on clapton. The man must have been a great father, and i truly do respect him.

On another note, i am giving up on contract. Haiz!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?