9.04.2006
[i cant think of a title cos i am brain-dead]
"These Eyes"
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
Our life is the greatest story never told
How many more ways can I explain this to you boy
We had had this conversation several times before
I will except nothing less than your complete respect
If you cannot give me that then maybe I should step
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
Our life is the greatest story never told
All this cryin all this fightin simply ain't my style
Though you're one of the most important people in my life
I love you from the day we met, I know you love me too
But at this point walking away is the best thing we can do
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
Our life is the greatest story never told
Are we meant to be man and wife?
The answer I don't know
Of life's many mystery's what intrigues me the most
Is who our children would have been
I guess we'll never know
Even as I walk away I'll always keep the hope
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
That's life
That's the way the story goes
Truth is every relationship is a lesson
Truth is I saw it coming but it hurts anyway
Truth is I'm not the reason you're so angry
Truth is you're not the reason I'm so passive
Truth is I've got to take back my power
Truth is
The reason why it hurts so bad
to walk away from you
And that's the way the story goes...
-INdia ARie
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
Our life is the greatest story never told
How many more ways can I explain this to you boy
We had had this conversation several times before
I will except nothing less than your complete respect
If you cannot give me that then maybe I should step
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
Our life is the greatest story never told
All this cryin all this fightin simply ain't my style
Though you're one of the most important people in my life
I love you from the day we met, I know you love me too
But at this point walking away is the best thing we can do
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
Our life is the greatest story never told
Are we meant to be man and wife?
The answer I don't know
Of life's many mystery's what intrigues me the most
Is who our children would have been
I guess we'll never know
Even as I walk away I'll always keep the hope
These eyes never saw you leavin
This heart is in need of some healing
These arms are letting you go
That's life
That's the way the story goes
Truth is every relationship is a lesson
Truth is I saw it coming but it hurts anyway
Truth is I'm not the reason you're so angry
Truth is you're not the reason I'm so passive
Truth is I've got to take back my power
Truth is
The reason why it hurts so bad
to walk away from you
And that's the way the story goes...
-INdia ARie
This speaks to me more than ever these days. And all who have never listened to India Arie's songs, please do. I have not met a single person whom i have introduced her album to who doesn't like it. And if you happen to be one of the rare ones, don come find me. haha(:
As for updates, school's growing on me. My timetable is so damn shiok. I have like the most wonderful, slackest timetable on earth (in my opinion at least). I almost joined the Mallal Moots last week but dropped out last minute when i realised that i would have to go through the whole year's work of research i did for LAWR in 3 days and actually sit down and write a memorial. I hated writing memorials and i just cant stand the idea of having to do WORK outside the syllabus. I know i am lazy but whatever. hee(:
Life's been pretty much lovely except for hiccups that happen on a daily basis but i just try to not let it get to me cos i am trying to be as optimistic as i can be these days. Not like ra-ra optimistic or the annoying, pretending to live in an unreal world kind of optimism but the brand of optimism that you can live with. I feel like doing a million things like learning belly-dancing, picking up a new language, shopping, getting my licence, shopping(!!) but i just don seem to have the time to cos these days my life revolves ard gg to skl and catching up with sklwork. Is it just me or is it virtually impossible to be on top of your work in law skl?
Okay random post as usual. Oh and to all the malyalees out there, happy onam! And to all those whom i wrongly informed, hee well sorry its onam today not sunday. I am such a confused prick. teehee(:
As for updates, school's growing on me. My timetable is so damn shiok. I have like the most wonderful, slackest timetable on earth (in my opinion at least). I almost joined the Mallal Moots last week but dropped out last minute when i realised that i would have to go through the whole year's work of research i did for LAWR in 3 days and actually sit down and write a memorial. I hated writing memorials and i just cant stand the idea of having to do WORK outside the syllabus. I know i am lazy but whatever. hee(:
Life's been pretty much lovely except for hiccups that happen on a daily basis but i just try to not let it get to me cos i am trying to be as optimistic as i can be these days. Not like ra-ra optimistic or the annoying, pretending to live in an unreal world kind of optimism but the brand of optimism that you can live with. I feel like doing a million things like learning belly-dancing, picking up a new language, shopping, getting my licence, shopping(!!) but i just don seem to have the time to cos these days my life revolves ard gg to skl and catching up with sklwork. Is it just me or is it virtually impossible to be on top of your work in law skl?
Okay random post as usual. Oh and to all the malyalees out there, happy onam! And to all those whom i wrongly informed, hee well sorry its onam today not sunday. I am such a confused prick. teehee(: